GEM4D Version 184.108.40.206 available for download
Updated: Dec 15, 2019
Version 220.127.116.11 is a major upgrade with many new features such as drill hole design, mesh rotation and scaling (to place photogrammetry results), highlight of specified joint set across a triangulation, measuring angles, scene interaction with measurements, markers and mapping data.
Design drill holes with right toolbar yellow ruler icon "Create design lines with 1 point" and "Create design cylinders with 1 point". Pressing the button creates a popup form with the line properties such as length, dip, azimuth, diameter and colour. These lines/cylinders are then created at any mouse pick point.
Measure angles by picking three points with right toolbar yellow ruler icon after pressing "Measure angles with 3 points".
Support for Autodesk 123DCatch that allows free photogrammetry of photos from any camera without lens corrections.
- Add tab "Complex actions => Scale".
- Add tab "Complex actions => Rotate".
"Complex actions => Move" already existed, so the combination now allows any 123DCatch mesh to be scaled, rotated, and moved to the correct location. See images below for a demonstration.
Highlight polygons within a specified orientation range with right toolbar palette icon "Colour on orientation range". Press the button brings up a popup form requesting dip, dip range, dip-direction, and dip-direction range This functionality is also shown in the images at the bottom of the post.
Scene interaction is now available for all objects in the scene:
- Measurement line and cylinders can be individually deleted by picking after pressing the right toolbar yellow ruler icon and "Delete a measurement".
- Map discs can be individually deleted by picking after pressing the right toolbar coloured discs icon and "Delete a disc".
- Marker data loaded with the top toolbar "Marker => Add markers from text file" can now be individually selected in the scene when displayed as anything else than "Points".
- Mapping data loaded with the top toolbar "Map => Add mapping from text file" can now be individually selected in the scene when displayed as anything else than "Points".
The right toolbar toolbox icon "Scale meshes" was replaced with a "Complex actions => Scale"-tab to allow more flexibility and to fit in with the "Move" and "Rotate" tabs.
Selecting planes by three points did not update correctly to the stereonet and information text box - fixed.
Selecting "Complex actions => Move => Pick off-set in scene" sometimes crashed the program - fixed.
Under certain conditions, the "Clipping Mode" did not transfer scalars colours correctly to line clippings - fixed.
Please continue with the feedback and best wishes, Frans.